View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 09:55 PM

rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all

rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostmanifesto View Post
I'd love to know if anyone out there has done anything with the stock TRD PRO rack. You'd think there would be more stuff out there considering the FJC had a long run with a similar type rack. But, nope.

Yes, I can purchase a number of aftermarket roof racks. That isn't the point of this thread before you say it.

All ears, or rather, eyes. Cheers

Jay
There's a thread I created probably 3 months ago out there asking if anyone had found a way to make the rack functional. The design of rounded corners and top rail being shorter than the bottom rail is really problematic. I've tried a bunch of things to get boxes, fuel cans, etc. up there and I have found no good solution.

And the only real reply on my thread on this was "Baja rack basket" ... which is almost as expensive as a new more versatile roof rack from the vendor of your choice.

I'm about to pull the plug and just buy a new rack. I'm bummed because I worry about things like water leaks (yes, paranoid), but the rack just isn't functional.

Last edited by rageandlove; 01-30-2020 at 10:16 PM.
rageandlove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote