View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 09:03 PM

gfxcruncher has a spectacular aura about gfxcruncher has a spectacular aura about gfxcruncher has a spectacular aura about

gfxcruncher has a spectacular aura about gfxcruncher has a spectacular aura about gfxcruncher has a spectacular aura about
Bussmann RTMR

A little out of order… but before adding any electrical accessories I wanted to come up with how the wiring was to be done or it was gonna turn into a rats nest real quick. Looked at the Bluesea stuff but really liked how clean the Bussmann setup is, incorporating the fuses and relays in one enclosure, so clean. I liked the idea even more after finding this 6 part tutorial at bodenzord.com.
DIY Bussmann RTMR Fuse Block, Part 1 – Introduction | Bodenzord He even sourced and linked the parts needed!
I did make a few minor changes, but basically straight up copied that setup.

Also, did a DIY power tray out of aluminum.

IMG_1981

Bottom with everything wired up
IMG_1985

Installed
IMG_1998

Had to come up with a place to mount the switches and the sunglasses holder wasn’t seeing any use
IMG_1989

I had leftover aluminum from the tray, so I bent it up, painted it black and mounted it with some screws through the sides.

pic from the windshield side, you can't see the gap when it's installed in the headliner.
IMG_2008

Can’t claim credit for this idea, saw it here:
Overhead 6 switch panel - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum