Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 12:53 PM

weezykid is on a distinguished road

weezykid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000MPH View Post
I don't follow the OP's story. You changed the oil yourself at 10k...why did the dealer do it this time?
Also, it doesn't seem to matter what level tech you get, they're all capable of F'ing up your truck. I had my headlights replaced under a TSB and when they put the bumper back on it was flopping around as they broke the bumper mounts on both sides and tried to deny it.

The dealer did it because the service advisor never put it on the paperwork to NOT change the oil. SO even though I said it at least 3-4 times, he ignored me. Then lied to me at the end of the service saying they didnt do it. When I returned he said he forgot to tell the tech. And then the Service manager said they would send me a gift card and again, lied and never did. After owning many Toyotas, I think this may be my last.. Well at least the last new one as you cant trust their service or people at the dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieV4runnin View Post
This was my oil filter housing after my local Toyota dealer, took it upon themselves to change the oil change and rotate the tires without my consent. My 4Runner was in their service department so they could change the power window user settings. I’m the only person that touches my 4Runner, I was pissed when I saw oil all over it. I always spray the housing with degreaser and then hose it off after each service. They also stripped the threads on the radiator support brackets. They eventually reimbursed me for the radiator support brackets they ****ed up. They wanted to rethread then, I said “Hell no, I want new ones.” Had to go through the Bureau of Automotive Repair the get them to bend over and pay me.
I never got new ones.. Really just fed up with Toyota service departments at this point. Toyota corp doesnt seem to care that the service departments are screwing up peoples vehicles. Their responses have all been "Did they rectify the problem?" and then onto the next topic. Sad thing is between my Brother and I, we have had issues at every dealer in our area. None of them are trustworthy in the Clearwater/Holiday area. May have to start driving to Tampa.