Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 02:11 PM

Somnospeed is on a distinguished road

Somnospeed is on a distinguished road
Bilstein 5100 Lift Kit (Not just shocks)

So I researched the hell out of the Bilstein 5100 lift kit and found very little about experiences with the kit that includes the shocks AND the springs. 10 billion posts about 5100's and Toytec springs and the other common brands but found next to nothing about experiences with the springs that come with the 5100 lift kit. In fact, I don't even know for sure if the springs are made by Bilstein or if they are another brand added to make a kit.
Anyway, my experiences are just most others, I love the kit, looks awesome and drives better than stock. Not bouncy or rough but stiff enough not to turn to mush over bumps, potholes, etc. Steering feels much better (though I did add new mounting kits to the front.) I will be adding 1.5 inch wheel spacers soon as it looks a little skinny.

I made this post because I wanted future users to have a thread to searchand find a review and see pics of the exact 5100 KIT and not just shocks with other brand springs. One package, one price, one retailer.The kit is currently on sale at Bilstein website for $516 which is by far the best deal I found for 5100 shocks and springs.

Here's some pics. Taken 15 minutes after install and with an empty gas tank so the rear is lifted more than it is now. The rear settled in now and lowered to less of a rake, but still a rake, which is what I wanted.
Attached Images
Bilstein 5100 Lift Kit (Not just shocks)-img_5233-jpg  Bilstein 5100 Lift Kit (Not just shocks)-img_5229-jpg  Bilstein 5100 Lift Kit (Not just shocks)-img_5232-jpg 

Last edited by Somnospeed; 02-02-2020 at 02:17 PM.
Somnospeed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote