View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 01:22 AM

Little Tower is on a distinguished road

Little Tower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcat707 View Post
Any chance you can post close up pics on how yours looks like? Curious to see how you covered up the front plastic mount cover hole where the top tube mounts down into and also everything else.

The rack comes off fairly easily but, from new, the mounting bolts are very tight with lots of loctite. Just be careful to break one bolt loose then move on to the other before spinning it all of the way out.

For the front foot, I machined a plastic plug that fits tightly into the hole and is held in place from underneath.

For the rear tube, I used a piece of 1 3/4” aluminum tube cut to the same length as the plastic piece it is replacing. I then machined two inserts that were the same diameter as the inside of the stock tubing. Fit them into the tube leaving about an 1 1/2” protruding. I then fit it to the stock rails, drilled through the existing holes. Tapped the inserts and threaded in a new fastener.

For the holes that remained in the top of the rails, I found some grommet plugs and pressed them in.

Hope this answers most of your questions.

Good luck,
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Little Tower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote