Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 11:36 AM

coreynw is on a distinguished road

coreynw is on a distinguished road
Somehow I missed these replies a few weeks ago. Thanks @ElectroBoy and @rigtec h! I took the door apart and traced the wires all the way to the transition to the body without any loose connections. Indeed as @ElectroBoy noted, there appears to be 12v coming from both red and pink at the light fixture at this point. Both will power on a tester when grounded. I failed to disconnect the battery when I was swapping in the bulbs so I think 12v getting to the ECU is a possibility. The fact that the door position switch works (confirmed by swapping the sides) but that it doesn't communicate with the ECU (confirmed by the fact that interior lights don't come on when door is opened, and headlights don't go off after locking if only the drivers door is opened after stopping) makes me think the issue is not just in the wiring connections. I havent tried the hard reset, so I'll leave the battery disconnected overnight this weekend and see where we stand.
coreynw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote