Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 02:44 PM

Hammer0313 has a spectacular aura about Hammer0313 has a spectacular aura about

Hammer0313 has a spectacular aura about Hammer0313 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteTRD View Post
textbook for a new engine. generally speaking wear metals are not to be taken at face value if the engine's under 30k miles, only use the figures to establish a long term trend.

high copper and silicon are normally high at break in and will trend down over the next couple years' use. AL should come down slightly over time but its fine. FE's good, be aware iron tends to track proportionately with miles and is ideally between 1-2 PPM per 1000 miles in most engines but our 1GR's sometimes spit out 3, maybe due to the timing chain material. everything else is awesome, no bearing or ring material (lead/tin and chrome respectively). i don't pay too much attention to moly personally, there are different formulations (organic, trinuclear) so high moly doesn't guarantee less wear or vice versa. that said Amsoil uses a pretty decent amount and that's probably not a bad thing considering their repuation.

even without a TBN test i'd bet you could have done 8k with room to spare, viscosity and flashpoint are solid.

some other useful 5th gen UOA's for reference, specifically new engine wear characteristics:
500 mile TRD PRO factory fill (it shows forklift instead of vehicle and hours instead of miles)
2500 mile TRD PRO, same truck as above
5000 miles on factory fill in a 2014
10k mile 2012
1300 mile 2013
a good example of a long term trend and initial wear metals, from member Woz1976-MT
Thank you Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to put all that together for me. Cheers!