Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 09:56 AM

NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough

NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb rob View Post
Well, for the next step you could add the very thin washer to the rear mount like I’ve suggested twice in this thread.
After all, it did fix the clunking sound I had for 2 brands and 4 different shocks; which is to say that it wasn’t the shocks, it was the width of the lower shock eye vs the length of the mounting post.

The special tool is likely a nitrogen manifold to verify the pressure.

If you can’t find these washers locally, pm me your address and I’m sure I can pop then in an envelope.
Thank you for the feedback. Honestly my rear suspension noise isn't so much "clunking" and isn't just over bumps or when the shock is cold (originally the thought was after the shock body warmed up a bit the noise was gone). I think another member described it best when they said it sounds like driving over fresh snow and you're packing it down for the first time. To me it sounds more like a bushing or end link binding than a shock problem.

Can you share the specs on the washers? - apologies if I've missed it from an earlier post.
NW.OH.T4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote