View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 10:18 AM

nb rob is just really nice nb rob is just really nice nb rob is just really nice nb rob is just really nice nb rob is just really nice

nb rob is just really nice nb rob is just really nice nb rob is just really nice nb rob is just really nice nb rob is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW.OH.T4R View Post
Thank you for the feedback. Honestly my rear suspension noise isn't so much "clunking" and isn't just over bumps or when the shock is cold (originally the thought was after the shock body warmed up a bit the noise was gone). I think another member described it best when they said it sounds like driving over fresh snow and you're packing it down for the first time. To me it sounds more like a bushing or end link binding than a shock problem.

Can you share the specs on the washers? - apologies if I've missed it from an earlier post.
Apologies, I thought you were fighting a clunk sound. Which I spent a lot of time tracking down. Hell, it even took a friend and a big retaining wall to figure out whether my clunk was coming from the front or back of my vehicle. Big bumps didn’t make the sound, it was just small irregularities, which drove me bat shit crazy. It was not easy to track down, but when it was finally fixed, I couldn’t believe the beautiful silence

The washer has an inner diameter of 3/4” and an OD of 1”. It is about 1/32” thick, and it is stainless.

I found them at Home Depot of all places in their specialty parts bin. It is a shim washer. I looked high and low for them beforehand.. all over the web. I couldn’t believe I found them locally at a home improvement store.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/pau...her/1000128967

Lower shock eye comes off, spacer goes on, then shock eye, then the retaining bolt. I used a bit of no-squeal brake gel to hold it in place during maintenance when I switch shocks.

It takes up the small amount of slop that is unusual, but was present on my vehicle.
King coilovers and shocks w/ compression adjust ● Dirtking UCAs ● Icon 2" rear springs
nb rob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote