View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 07:59 PM

mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about

mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian. View Post
Why bother? I monitor my temps, change my fluids more often than strictly necessary. And I'd never bypass the radiator anyway, I'd like the ATF to come UP to temp in the winter if I ever make it home (Rockies).

It's another failure point, the extra hoses, connections and where those are routed. Is there an overall benefit for those who routinely get their transmissions hot? Yup. Is that true for daily drivers who do little more than a gravel driveway now and again? Nope.

I don't do "mods" that offer no real benefits. I don't have "hood struts" (and never will), no LED anything, I *might* have a 1/2" lift, mostly because I was tired of taking the struts apart to move the clip. You won't catch me with a plate bumper, winch, oversized tires, etc.... they simply offer nothing for how I use the vehicle. And a trans cooler fits in there.

I know, you clearly have a hard-on for the things, you've posted that enough. But how many of these 4runners (and other Toyotas with the same configuration, heck Most automatic trans cars have this setup) go for hundreds of thousands of miles without any issue in 100% stock form. Someone replaces the radiator even Once, and the coolant every 100k miles with a timing belt, and it's going to be junked before there's a trans issue from overheating. Lots of ways to skin a cat, yours is just... well, yours.
i bother because it eliminates pink milkshake all together. simply that. its extra insurance.

you arent introducing anyore failure points than you already have with the OEM setup. its the same exact amount of fittings (think about it). if anything i would argue the line i have are better than OEM (nice upgraded goodyear hose). i live where it snows and my trans has no issues heating up the cooler.

i dont have hood struts or led anything. so nice try. although i see a merit to LEDs. not so much hood struts. if you dont think tires are an upgrade, well then im sorry you feel that way but i disagree.

i look at this as a controllable variable. there are things in your life that you can and cannot control. this you have full control and prevention over.

you seem like a really fun person.