View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 05:29 AM

Charliehorse is on a distinguished road

Charliehorse is on a distinguished road
Great thread. Was going to have dealer do both differentials, transfer case, and spare tire carrier with the binding cable issue I found, when trying to fix the low spare tpms warning, but they wanted over 900 and were going to use a bulk "no name" 80-90w oil saying any 80-90 oil is fine. They also charge 4x the price for the crush washers and 2x for spare tire carrier as another dealer 100 miles away, so I ordered from them and saved almost 200 including same day shipping.

I'm in the land of snow and ice but I got everything needed and used amsoil severe gear 75-90 in rear and transfer and Mobil1 75-90 in the front. I'm in 2wd more than 4 and the rear was much dirtier than the other 2 at 130k miles. This write up was great. Ended up getting 1.5 mpg more after the change but also changed pcv at same time so maybe that helped a bit.

Last edited by Charliehorse; 02-08-2020 at 05:38 AM.
Charliehorse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote