Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 01:36 PM
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by brillo_76 View Post
Tim people want everything spoon fed and exact answer to their specific question for free. Nevermind using a factory service manual and educating yourself on how things work as we done for years and actually appreciate other assistance and experience in past repairs.

However, if it takes too much time to do this. Maybe it's best for The OP to pay a garage to do it for them. This way they wont be spending so much time with popcorn as in their opinion your videos are too long.

I am really getting tired people complaining about other people trying to help them with their vehicles issues. Gosh we take our time to comment and help for free for goodness sake.

However, this is my opinion on that subject matter.

All the videos I have seen were very well done and those take quite a bit a time to create. Most of our community is grateful for them. I appreciate them if I need to do something I never done before. Keep up the great work.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk
I appreciate that Jon. Thanks! I'll give you and anyone reading my post an example of the time that goes into making a video of an involved repair or mod. The Timing Belt Video @infamousRNR and I made took 2 full days to film. I always start the editing process by going through the clips getting the content and flow I'd like to see in the videos we make. For the timing belt video, this took me around 17 hours. I handed the project over to Sean and he spent another 10-15 hours polishing up the video making it much nicer to view.

Now, we make money from our channel but we are still a long way off from being adequately compensated for the time we put into it. First and foremost, we started this channel to help people out and the money we are making is just a fringe benefit. And, I don't feel guilty about making money from our channel because the money is coming from the Advertisers and not from the people watching our videos. We would never charge people for access to our videos. But guess what? We have received complaints about the ads that are played on our videos. So, speaking of being spoon fed and wanting everything for free, this really annoys the shit out of me. Instead of thanking Sean and I for making a video for them to use to fix, maintain or mod their rig, they complain about the ads and that's the extent or their comment. Since I have no problem speaking my mind, I hammer these people and give them a little dose of reality that we didn't have to make this video for them to use. They are benefiting from our generosity and all they have for us is a complaint or talking shit to us.

On a side note, we literally have people who subscribe to our channel just so they can give a thumbs down to every video we post. We know this because we'll post a long video, say 45 minutes long, and within the first 5 minutes the video is live, we get a thumbs down. Obviously, I pissed somebody off because I don't take shit from people and I give it right back to them. I guess I should be more like Sean and let negative or a-hole comments roll off my shoulders but it's not the way I'm wired. So, the haters of our channel are most likely due to me.

Anyway, it's people like you Jon that help motivate Sean and I to keep making videos for people to use. Thanks again!