Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 12:53 PM

FiXXXerX is on a distinguished road

FiXXXerX is on a distinguished road
Vibration when letting off the gas after lift...

So I know, 'Search' and all that, but I've been doing that for like 2hrs now and cannot find anything super helpful for my situation.

I have a 2001 2WD 4runner with 220,000mi on it and I replaced the old sagging springs and trashed rear shocks yesterday as well as replacing the rear endlinks with longer (From the front) options.

Part's wise : KYB Gas-A-Just Shocks, Moog 81041 springs and a 2.5inch spring spacer, and the longer endlinks.

So after doing all this everything seemed fine, but on my way into work this morning I noticed that when I'm at 20mph or over, when I let off the gas I get a weird vibration/noise. Nothing under acceleration, just when I let off the gas.

I saw a number of people saying to check u-joints, but I had those replaced last year and they still look good. The driveshaft has always been a bit of a wildcard as it IS the 2 piece (Sleeved with rubber insert) driveshaft that the 2wd's have. I also replaced the rear-diff fluid last year and while I know I have a small leak in drivers side rear axle, it hasn't been anything that I've really even noticed.

So, have I raised the truck too much? Is there a possible Pinion issue (I read that our vehicles use Cardan Joints, but I don't know if that's true for the 2WD)? What else should I look into at this point?