Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 05:20 PM

Location: north east of Fairbank out there in the frontiers Alaska
3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold

Location: north east of Fairbank out there in the frontiers Alaska
3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdnewyork View Post
I too am compiling parts for a TB change. I went for a different Aircabinman kit:

15 Piece 3.4L engine TIMING BELT KIT WATER PUMP Genuine & OE Manufacture Parts! | eBay

To that, I've added:

OEM Crankshaft Bolt - 90119-16006
OEM A/C Idler Pulley - 88440-35060 - Has integral bearing.
Aisin FBT-004 Fan Pulley Bracket. Bracket Assy. contains a captive, non-replaceable bearing:

More Information for AISIN FBT004

As for the other spinning components - I'm holding off on the Fan Clutch, Alternator, PS Pump & A/C Compressor pending physical inspection.

While I'm in there, I will also be doing the PS flush / Pump reservoir filter screen cleaning via Tim's DIY as I have a whine upon cold startup:

YouTube

So i also purchased the OEM PS Pump reservoir o-ring - 90301-11016
Depending on the miles,,,there is lots you can do...I also did the a/c tensioner pulley and fan pulley bracket ( listed above) also called a false water pump..as it kind of looks like one. I also did my cam and crank seals and thermostat.
An option for is fan clutch which I already had anyway (already had from a previous miss diagnosed bearing noise) but that is easy to replace at a later time.

also as mentioned in other threads, not knowing age or miles...hoses.... radiator. Mine were relatively new at the time ( less than 20k)

If paying someone to do the work, all those parts have to come off anyway..so why not replace with new if you can afford the parts and should not be an additional charge for labor. Again..depends on the miles.

And use Asian Red antifreeze..or Toyota antifreeze with distilled water
2000 SR-5 Highlander version 4:30's, factory locker , green, bought 6/21
2001 SR-5... bought 11/20..sold 6/21....
2000 SR-5 moded, lifted, e locker, other cool stuff, totaled 10/20

Last edited by 3bears; 02-10-2020 at 05:22 PM.
3bears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote