Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 02:27 PM

STI_MECE will become famous soon enough

STI_MECE will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXXXerX View Post

Meanwhile, replacing the 3rd Member was something I bumped into while searching yesterday. I'm HOPING it's none of that and it's as simple as vacuum issues. But, I'll load it up to drop the height and see what happens, as you suggested.

I'll let you know what ends up happening here!

And just FYI it wasnt my 3rd member that was causing the noise. Do not ask me why it didnt make it whenever I first swapped it. But, do not go with that diagnosis at all lol

Check your pinion angle first and start from there. And also check if you can wiggle the slip yoke around on the output shaft.

I do not think the 2WD 4Runners should go beyond a 2inch lift. And based on all the information that is out there, its all based on the 4WD. If i had to make a rule of thumb for a lifting a 2WD drive 4Runner it would be to assume a 2WD 4runner will be lifted 1inch higher than what is advertised.

Its a big difference i know, maybe its not that big of difference in actuality. But the point is, I would never go up past a 2inch lift from what I know now. And If i were to buy a lift kit again, I would go with whatever is advertised as a "1inch lift"

Hope yyou can figure it out! Best advice i can give you, is if everything is functioning as it should crank up the music!