View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 03:40 PM

hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough

hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0verland View Post
OP,

I wouldn't be scared off by the mileage at all. Your on the cusp being in Kentucky of the dreaded road salt depending on if it lived up north at all. I would just be more concerned with anything more than surface rust on the frame and body. As far as the mileage goes, like others have said its a 2UZ.... which is reliable as hell... When taken care of. Do your due diligence in inspection, if you aren't comfortable take it to a shop for a PPI for $75~ and they will tell you whats wrong with it.

Timing belt, Doug Thorley headers, new tires, fluids.... again as others have said. Those are really the only things you need to be concerned with. The cracked headers are a big thing outside of regular maintenance. I would also consider a Rutech bypass kit to elevate any potential issues with the IAP down the line... Slyfox has a kit as well. Other than that you should have a relatively "worry free" ownership. given you take care of it.

One last thing... It's a V8 4Runner, so others V6 guys will be jealous of you, but try and hide it by giving every reason why the V6 is superior.

Kidding aside its a good platform and I would buy it over and over if given the option.
i would buy it, just not for towards 5 grand. also, i could have bought a v8 and agree they are very cool. but i made decision to go with the v6 on purpose. i didnt want AWD full time and dont dislike the v6 engine at all. the v8 is def sweet though, my dad had it in a tundra and i remember really enjoying driving it.
hinmo24t is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote