View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 05:24 PM

badattitude will become famous soon enough badattitude will become famous soon enough

badattitude will become famous soon enough badattitude will become famous soon enough
Hopefully its just a fluid level issue. I personally will use Toyota WS ATF when I flush my trans. However, I believe any World Standard should be fine. If it was me Id:

Add about 24 oz of whatever WS ATF they are using. Then idle the 4runner for 15-20 minutes to bring it up to temp. Remove the fill check plug. Hope that some fluid comes out. When the drain stream becomes a "trickle" replace the fill check plug.

This procedure will verify the fluid level is correct. Verifying the correct fluid level should be the first check.

If this procedure doesn't correct the shudder, I'd go to Toyota for a full flush or do a full flush myself. Certainly with Toyota WS ATF.

FWIW-my third gen was particular about ATF level. Maybe 5th gens are too.
TRD Air Filter. Airaid MIT. O ring mod. TRD Exhaust. Front Discos. TrueTrac
badattitude is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote