Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 10:35 PM

benhalleniii is on a distinguished road

benhalleniii is on a distinguished road
Odyssey 25-PC1400T alternative?

Mega frustrated here. New to the forum so forgive the venting.

Bought the Genesis Off Road dual battery kit in January with plans to immediately install in my 'new' 2017 TRD Off Road. After ordering the spec'd Odyssey 25-PC1400T from an Amazon seller only to have the package not show up, I was pretty ticked off. Finally, they responded to repeated emails that they don't in fact have the battery. After WAY too many hours searching other retailers' inventory and lots and lots of phone calls, I learned today that pretty much every single US distributor of Odyssey batteries is out of the 25-PC1400T and will be for at least a month, possibly up to 9 weeks.

Seriously considering returning the Genesis kit after reading about so many much much cheaper builds for a dual battery setup on this forum. I have some time on my hands and I'm slightly handy with electronics.

BUT, anyone out there install a different battery in the Genesis kit?

Or, does anyone out there see any reason a set of Optimas wouldn't work just as well in the kit? I've asked Genesis about the fit and they say the red tops can work with a little bit of trimming of the bracket. Not as many cold cranking amps but maybe I don't need them? My uses are a Dometic CF50 fridge and some camp lighting at night but otherwise, no winch or light bars, etc. (not yet anyway).

Basically, can anyone give me a good reason to KEEP the kit?

Thanks in advance.

b
e
n