View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 12:16 PM

apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light

apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light
~~Orange Boxx Fab... A Not-So-Terrible Experience! (PSD Install)

ORANGE BOXX FAB. Did everyone run away yet? Before you do, do everyone a favor and read this post in its entirety. Or just look at the pictures if you are that kind of guy.

A BRIEF PREFACE:

Nearly three years ago some serious went down about a customer being sent the wrong hanger bracket for his PSD. A volcano erupted here on the forums as seemingly OBF didn't treat him with any respect or could get it right after sending the customer some replacement test-fit brackets.... Well - after talking with the owner Darrell, it turns out he was in the hospital getting part of his foot amputated, and his wife Anne was handling the issue during the whole fiasco.

I’m not saying mistakes weren’t made on both parties, but OBF was quick to follow up once he was out of the hospital, had changed bracket manufacturers, and got things sorted out overall. These kind of things happen in industries where custom is norm and metalwork is expensive and foreign to those who don’t understand how to set up a Bridgeport or turn some dials on the ol’ Miller Electric.

Now that that's outta the way, let's get to business... This guy is the OE to rear quarter panel storage systems, prefacing all the other ones on the market. For the last 20 years, he’s been doing panels for a whole mess of vehicle enthusiasts – we T4R guys aren’t his only crowd. I’m not going to mention the other manufacturers who stepped in to this picture because of the one mistake he made while laid up in a hospital bed. Besides, he is the least expensive, and will do custom lasered dual-powder panels, where the other guys are bare or black powder steel or Al? Idk, man. TO each their own, but…

I ordered a set of PSD's from OrangeBoxx Fabrication back in November during their black Friday sale. 11 weeks ago, to be exact. Before anyone goes out and complains about how long it took; yes, it was past their lead time by a few weeks, but not only was it over the holidays, but they kept me up to date with when it was cut, when it went to powder, and when it shipped out, so I wasn’t worried. And I did have a crazy scheme laid out for them…

Check it!

Psd
IG @apohl17
From ye fellow @Konkordmusk... "The 4Runner does not drive. It simply rotates the Earth to your desired position."

Last edited by apohl17; 02-15-2020 at 12:24 PM.
apohl17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote