Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 02:16 PM

MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold

MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipers28 View Post
Been following your tire comments and got a couple questions. I am looking at the A/T3W and I want to stay with 265 (I think or most 275), their website show 265's in SL, XL and LT. If I understand this correct your recommend the LT version in either 265 or 275? I run FS roads a lot and will have a spare set of MT tires for tougher stuff.

Second question, I really just want to run two set of rims and tires without having swap tires when I am doing rougher trails. Is it possible with buying another set of TPS and code them?
You should not need LTs to run the FS roads in those areas. Never had an SL Widlpeak have any issues on 1000+ miles of off-pavement in Montana, including 4x4 trails even as low as 7/32nds. I keep my set for future trips to your neck of the woods. One of the best things about the SL version is how well they perform and how nicely they ride off-pavement at street pressures: 32 psi.

There is no XL Wildpeak in our sizes.

The only reason not to like the SL in the NW would be tire life. But the SL is so much cheaper that it does not matter. Plus, tire life was a lot less for me because we do a lot more offroading than most.

I would absolutely not buy LT if I already had a set of MTs. My new set is ATZ P3 which is as strong as any tire--I need that for the desert here. I have about 15,000 miles left on my SL Wildpeaks for Canada or Montana trips.

As for TPMS, it all depends on the vehicle. I have heard that 4Runners could use cloned TPMS. I do know for a fact that my Outback could not and reprogramming was a pain even though Discount Tire did it for free every time (I had bought their TPMS for my second set).

EDIT: all that said, there is a 2-day BFG rebate for 150$ that expires today. It is the best deal I have seen from them.
(6112s/650lb at 2.25" lift, 8100 rear with Bilstein B12 1.5" springs, Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZ LTE 265 70 17, RCI set of front 3/16 skids, Shrockworks step sliders and 3/16 steel gas tank skid, C4Fab rear diff skid, Rockmen rear LCAs, Total Chaos rear LCA bracket skids, Diode Dynamics SS3 white fog lights).

Last edited by MAST4R; 02-15-2020 at 02:20 PM.
MAST4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote