View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 03:41 PM

Snypr18 is on a distinguished road

Snypr18 is on a distinguished road
Wow, 50k interval seems uncharacteristic for Toyota given their reputation. I guess the fact that they still run after 500,000 miles, although not as well, is good enough for most owners. Come to think of it though, my brother has mentioned several times that his '94 doesnt seem to have as much power as it used to. With 200k miles I am sure hes overdue for a valve job.

I see in your sig that you did a 3.4 swap to your 1990, how much of an improvement is that over the 3.0? Not as high-maintenance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtvt View Post
Oh and for rust - Ultimate oil undercoating guide (DIY Waxoyl) You can go right over rust and this will last longer and protect better than POR15 or any solid coating, or fluid film 1-2x winter
That is quite an undercoating process. Fortunately I live in a pretty mild climate and rarely see snow / salt, but I will keep this in mind if I need to up the ante. My Jetta is living proof that a continuous application of oil does a great job at rust-proofing the undercarriage...

Last edited by Snypr18; 02-17-2020 at 05:24 PM.
Snypr18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote