View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 08:52 AM

VincentGsrq is on a distinguished road

VincentGsrq is on a distinguished road
I changed out the expansion valve, found an ancient rodent nest in the bottom of the evaporator housing, cleaned it all up reassembled, vac'd system for 40 mins, leak tested for an hour, started it up and it took almost 9oz of 134a, low side got up to 75psi high side was around 20psi, compressor never kicked on, I unplugged the hot lead on the compressor and hooked a jumper to + and it did not start the compressor:-(

Rather than change out the magnetic starter at $65, I am thinking of changing the entire compressor for $135-150.

I bought an AC compressor relay but cannot find an "ac relay" in the relay box, there is one marked "heat" and it is a different relay type, the one they sold me looks like all of the others ie EFI, Tail, Head, power outlet.

Rockauto has an AC kit that has evaporator, condenser, compressor, drier and expansion valve plus gasket set for $250.

I have been told that either the condenser or the evaporator can have accumulated blockage.

I did find that the high side was full of leak test dye, the PO was likely the cause of that, but I don't know how he got it into the high side, I would think the cans with the single gauge only connect to the low side, but I don't know.

I would welcome any advice. While this should be the season where I have plenty of time, it is hot here in Florida, lol.

TIA
Vince
VincentGsrq is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote