View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 12:15 PM

Riceye will become famous soon enough Riceye will become famous soon enough

Riceye will become famous soon enough Riceye will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4Rchadly View Post
on the other-hand. i notice my truck has been losing coolant without any coolant leaks so im beginning to worry about a cracked head or possible head gasket leak. other than that shes putting along. looking to wheel very soon as im now in utah for awhile.
Test or just replace your radiator cap.

I had a similar problem a few years ago, losing coolant during an extended road trip (a couple 1000 mile days in a row). The coolant loss was accompanied by some strange gurgling sounds under and behind the dash and strange, occasional fogging of windshield. It was during an extreme cold spell with sub-zero temps. I limped the last 50 miles or so into Dickinson, ND with the heater blasting and windows open. I got some crazy looks from other drivers.

I was afraid of head gasket issues, but the problem has not resurfaced for over two years, now.

I find that things usually go well right up until the moment they don't.
Riceye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote