View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 05:28 PM

Bdnewyork is on a distinguished road

Bdnewyork is on a distinguished road
Hey Jerod, yes, I caught your post on the connector mismatch with the Evo 9 pump, thanks for the heads up. I've ordered a matching EVO pigtail from STM Tuned. Cost w/shipping is more than it's worth though not to the extent of a Boomslang... I'm an EE with an appreciation for connectors and I'd rather run the 3570 Denso over a Walbro 190.

I think your restaurant analogy is likely spot on. Those OEM Densos are expensive and I'd rather allocate those funds toward a pigggyback. So if it ain't broke, don't fix it then?

I agree regarding knock sensor relocation. Apparently some do that to facilitate replacement down the road, though it's not something I would ever consider. The SU1075s have a matching thread, though tapered, and supposedly do fit in the stock location. Still, a little too far out of the sandbox I think.

Not surprised you're considering N2O - I'd subscribed to your build thread some time ago, which has been pushing me toward the dark side: FIC/6. In fact, I'm likely going to just go ahead and install the larger injectors out of the gate. My SC also came with a 2.1 pulley in the box, so I'm planning on adding an Aquamist HSF-3 water/Meth system in the future to support that. I'll leave it to you to pave the N2O path though...
1999 SR5 Cali Auto - Jade Mica. TRD SC w/ MAPECU3, Supra Blue Injectors, Denso EVO 9 FP, Borla Cat Back, Magnaflow & Gesi G-Sport Cats, Airaid ISR Delete, Deckplate Mod, 231 TBU, SCS Stealth 6 Silver w/Firestone Destination X/T LT255/75R17. 4XI Rear Bumper.

Last edited by Bdnewyork; 02-20-2020 at 05:42 PM.
Bdnewyork is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote