Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 11:04 PM

bigbwb is on a distinguished road

bigbwb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02SE View Post
I suspect a 6th gen 4Runner will get the drivetrain from the current Tacoma.

Which is why I bought a new 5th gen recently.
If it’s still over two years out (MY 2023), I highly doubt it would get the current Tacoma drivetrain. At that point the taco will be up for a refresh and I recall reading an article from the lead Toyota truck engineer that new power trains are coming. My opinion, the current taco drivetrain was a stop gap while the next gen stuff was in development. It basically just helped mpg’s. I’m guessing a 2.5L 4cyl turbo with 8 speed transmission. Would make a great base motor for the upcoming tundra as well. Likely 300+ hp & TQ.