Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 04:48 PM

Drobs is a glorious beacon of light Drobs is a glorious beacon of light Drobs is a glorious beacon of light Drobs is a glorious beacon of light Drobs is a glorious beacon of light Drobs is a glorious beacon of light

Drobs is a glorious beacon of light Drobs is a glorious beacon of light Drobs is a glorious beacon of light Drobs is a glorious beacon of light Drobs is a glorious beacon of light Drobs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAF54 View Post
There have to be a lot of good areas between you and me for some 4wheeling adventures. I was wondering if there were any groups/clubs in SW MO that got together for some trail running. I'm much too old to sleep in a tent mounted to the roof, so the whole overlanding thing isn't for me. LOL

I haven't been to Bull Shoals in almost 40 years. We usually hit Pomme or TR, although TR on the weekend is almost as bad as Lake of the Ozarks. Don't have to worry about the "sag" as I drive a 3/4 ton diesel P/U; the 4R is the wife's new ride.
Bull Shoals is the forgotten lake - not much traffic on it other than Bass Fishermen and a few pontoon boats in the summer.

I've been trying find someone with a Toyota in this area that wants to off road. Not much luck. Seems most of the clubs are Jeep related or ATV's.

I've been meaning to check out SMORE north in Seymour, MO. Looks like they open mid March per their calendar (Friday - Sunday):
SMORR – Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch

The Ozark Rendezvous was at Bryd's Off Road Park. Some pretty cool trails down there:

ATV / UTV Off-Road Vehicle Trails at Byrd's Adventure Center ORV Park

I have Glade Top Trail just north of me which can be done in a 2wd Prius, plus was out exploring an off road trail that I believe ends in The Hercules Glades Wilderness area.

Looks to be only a 3.1 mile, I made it maybe 1/2 way down and turned around. Got to a point where I should've stacked some rocks to scale an off camber obstacle. Trail is located off Hwy 160 just west of where Hwy 125 goes south to the Peel Ferry.

I'll shoot you an Instant Message, lets get together and off road.

2019 OR - LT285/70R17 Yokohama Geolandar MT, SPC UCA's, BMC, Eibach Pro Truck Lift, Warn VR10 Winch, Warn 100022 Winch Bumper, TRD Skid Plate, Cali Raised Light Bar, Shrockworks Sliders and Skids, LFD Ruggadized Cross Bars, Sprint Booster.
Drobs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote