Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: ABS motor bad
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 07:46 PM

04SR54me is on a distinguished road

04SR54me is on a distinguished road
abs update

Took my 4runner to a local shop to have diagnostics done on the ABs. recorded the sound it makes, played it for mechanic. Suggested, as it was suggested to me, to have the brakes bled. I also had some pulling to the left when braking, intermittant. I replaced the calipers, pads, rotors less than 15000 miles ago. He checks it out. Says there was some air in the line. Had the clip come off one of the caliper pieces, like a glide? Anyway, he replaces the clip. AFter this, the the weird sound is now gone, but the car still pulls left w hen braking hard. He says, may be a flex brake line. He changes it. Still pulls. and now, the 'vsc trac" and "trac off" lights are on. He rechecks the system , says it was set to original settings and that I need to drive it a bit to get it to shut off. If any problem, he will look at it further.
So, I drive 40 minutes around town, running errands, lights are on. Even the Trac Off switch does not shut it down. If I shut car off, start it up, lights are off. But after driving, they come on.
Any suggestions as to what might be going on relative to these warning lights still on? and the pull to the left? thanks!
04SR54me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote