Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 03:04 PM

anormalflame is on a distinguished road

anormalflame is on a distinguished road
Guys, I freaking did it! I figured it out.

I tried everything I could think of. I hit a wall. I tried the latest recommendations of pulling the plug on the ABS ECU and the Cruise Control ECU today. Tested both. Neither worked. I inspected the wiring boot at the back door. Saw nothing that looked irregular.

Then, finally, I saw the Antenna Relay near the cruise control ECU. I realized I hadn't tried it. I only disconnected the antenna under the fender and moved on once that did nothing. I pulled the plug of the Antenna Relay. Tested a fuse, and Voila! The fuse didn't blow! I tried turning on my dome lights. Both are working, but again, only when switched to DOOR. Still not sure about that one since they both worked when switched to ON before. But oh well. If you have any tips on that, I'd appreciate any help I can get.

What's working now
  • Stereo
  • Door Locks
  • Dome lights (but only switched to DOOR)

My Turn Signals still aren't working, but I'm going to retest the fuses to see if that's the cause. If not, it's back to the drawing board combing the diagrams. Other than that, everything appears to be back to normal with the exception of the DOME lights not working when switched to ON.

Thanks for all your help guys! Again, this was interesting and educational. I learned a lot about the electrical system in my rig, and I'm sure Uncle G would be proud.
Attached Images
-img_8571-jpg 

1997 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD
Birmingham, Alabama - Central Alabama 4Runners
Go Avs Go | Roll Tide
BlainePrickett.com
anormalflame is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote