Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 12:12 AM

MT Runner will become famous soon enough

MT Runner will become famous soon enough
Tackled this yesterday afternoon.
Definitely an easy overall process.

Unfortunately I couldn’t get one of the fittings undone for the return line that went directly back to the transmission like I had planned. So I had to use the inlet into the radiator instead.

I have an aux trans cooler installed too, so anything I pumped into the radiator would go through there and then through the aux trans cooler mounted on the radiator before finally returning to the trans. The bottom line is, gravity wasn’t going to work for me on this project, so I had to use a hand pump.
That part ended up being a pain in the ass, hand pumping 12 qts back into the trans wasn’t a quick process...

Glad I did it though, old trans fluid wasn’t black, but it was definitely a few shades darker red than the new stuff I put in. Transmission shifts like new again.

Can’t beat the piece of mind for the next 50k or so.
Dobinson, JBA UCA’s, 255/75R17 KO2’s, Level 8 MK6 wheels
MT Runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote