Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 02:22 PM

md2002 is on a distinguished road

md2002 is on a distinguished road
5th Generation (2020). Running boards wont fit - what is this peice?

Hi all,
Just purchased a 2020 4 Runner and I have some running boards I wanted to install but they don't fit because of this black piece in the picture. It gets in the way, can someone tell me what it's called and can it be removed and still look good?

I took the runningboards off my 4th generation and it looks like the holes in the frame will line up and can be installed on the new 5th gen but the black piece gets in the way. The boards are 72 " long but I only have 68" of space. Even if I were to buy new boards, everything I've found is 72 inches long.

Dealer want $1000 to install new ones, but that seems excessive since I can get boards for about $300 and the install should take 20 minutes. I'm guessing they would just take off the black piece if they were to do it?
Attached Images
5th Generation (2020). Running boards wont fit - what is this peice?-flap2-jpg