Thread: KDSS question
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 03:16 PM

DigitalVex is on a distinguished road

DigitalVex is on a distinguished road
We don't really need the initiator of this thread to perform the test. I have a KDSS equipped 4Runner.

At lower speeds, the body rolls more on the suspension. This is because the anti-sway bars are not actively adding pressure (read: opposite side force) to the opposite side wheel. Like what others have said, it sort of feels like not having sway bars at lower speed.

Opposite to this, because the KDSS anti-sway bars are thicker than standard bars, body roll and sway is more controlled at higher speeds. Some people have said the handling of KDSS vehicles at higher speeds is noticeably different than standard anti-sway bar 4Runners.

I noticed a difference on test drives.

The one area I actually do not like KDSS is between 15-30 MPH. Because of the added stiffness of the anti-sway bars, it seems to "bounce" and "jounce" more when going over crappy roads. Basically, a harsher ride in the cab.

I think it would be pretty cool (as jetboy alluded to above) if you could "dial-in" the pressure in the system, effectively softening up the anti-sway feedback manually. Basically letting a user choose a Firm, Soft, Super-soft, or Off version of KDSS.

Something along those lines, at least.

Last edited by DigitalVex; 02-24-2020 at 03:18 PM.
DigitalVex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote