Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 06:11 PM

pinemind will become famous soon enough

pinemind will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali 4runner View Post
Nice rig. Way to get quality parts that last!

Do you not have room to pull the engine? It is so much easier to fix things on the stand. With the quality of the truck's condition, that engine is begging for more shine!
When I originally started this back in March of 2019, I hadn't done much more than an oil change to a car, so I wasn't about to dive in and pull out an engine. Also, at that time, I had planned on ordering an engine for Spring of 2020 from 22REPerformance, so I was just working to familiarize myself with the workings of the 22RE, and get the engine bay painted to match the truck best I could. Now, because it ran so well after all my repairs, it gave me more confidence to tackle bigger items and forgo the engine replacement for now. As stated in prior posts, I'm waiting on good weather to do the head gasket/timing chain and valve cover gasket to address the 2 remaining issues: external coolant leak and valve cover oil leak. Once those two items are fixed, the truck will be mechanically perfect. I still may get an engine for 2021 depending on how this summer goes, but in that case, I'll have brand new parts to swap over and all the hard work will have been done.

On that note, I finally received my manifolds and valve cover back from 22REPerformance, who did a full restoration and powder coating. When I do the head gasket, I'll be able to clean up what's remaining and install these parts on it when I put it back together, along with new steel heater hoses too. So the remaining items of the engine that aren't clean will now be shiny and brand new hopefully some time in late March/early April.

pinemind is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote