Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 03:30 PM

JMat will become famous soon enough

JMat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremewlr View Post
That only applies to the 4.0 V6. This is a 4.7L V8. They never had head gasket issues.
Pics looks good.
"Never offroaded" is concerning. That means the PO probably never pout it into 4lo which can lead to frozen tcase servos. Make sure you verify the center diff lock engages and the tcase goes into 4lo. Being a little wet isn't overly concerning and normal for a tcase that didn't get used in 4lo or have the center diff lock engaged. Might dry up over time if you start to use those regularly.
5100 Billies aren't "top of the line" either. The seller put a lot of big talk into the ad that doesn't mean shit to someone that knows what they are looking at.
Timing belt needing done should drop the price by at least $500 but probably a little more, regardless if you are doing it yourself or not. It's not a cheap job to pay someone to do and the seller doesn't need to know that you are doing it yourself.
I played with putting it in and out of 4lo and it engaged and disengaged without issue. Having the 3rd Gens I wasn't used to these things happening at the turn of a switch so it seemed a liitle weird but there was no delay at all.
Funny thing is... The rig doesn't have 5100's on it... I have 4600's on my 3rd Gen and these are 4600's. When I was looking at the paperwork I think I remember the mechanic had put 5100 on the work order.

With that mileage I'm thinking about offering $7k andf see how that goes.

1997 Toyota 4Runner 3.4 4x4 with 247k miles-Project car

Last edited by JMat; 02-25-2020 at 03:33 PM.
JMat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote