Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 08:10 PM

david05111 will become famous soon enough

david05111 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadTrainDriver View Post
Any outdoor cover is going to have the same issue.

My vote is to cut the tree down.
Hahaha I wish that were an option, but I'm afraid it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running22 View Post
I have 2019 TRD Pro. Bought this cover at O’Riley Auto parts for $60
That actually looks pretty nice. I might go have a look down the street for one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous4Runner View Post
Time to look into coating my friend...I had Modesta coating done (similar to Ceramic but higher quality), and cleaning's been a breeze during quick washes. Coating just helps provide a thicker layer of hardness protection for the paint and an added bonus of easy quick cleaning
Yeah I need to look into it a bit more. PPF would definitely help, but I'm not convinced that something like ceramic will really offer much protection against stuff like sap and bird shit. I need to do some more research, but in either case I'll still end up washing the car all the time. I need to limit the amount of stuff falling onto the paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack View Post
"California car cover" makes covers for the 4runner in different types of material.
I own a number of them ,but I don't put them on a daily driver.
You will get real tired of taking it on and off because of the height of the truck.
Also if it rains, now you have a wet rag in the cargo area that needs to be reinstalled in order to dry.
A car cover should never be put on a your truck unless the truck has been washed.
Impurities on your truck will act like sand paper if you park outside in the wind.
Go with some of the suggestions in this thread, Ceramic or a good wax.
You could also get a costume cover for the windshield so you don't have to clean the sap off everyday.
I had one years ago and used it on camping trips when I parked under a pine tree.
Yeah i'm not really worried about sap on the windshield; I don't think it's deleterious effects are nearly as serious on glass as they are on painted surfaces.

The car cover will only be used at home, but you're right about the rain. It would require leaving it out to dry on the covered porch. The cover wouldn't ride around in the back of the truck with me.

The thing is, nothing is going to be perfect. Even with ceramic or a good wax, sap or bird shit is going to be a problem if left on for too long. And I think that sort of damage is probably worse than leaving it uncovered and the car cover moving slightly on the car in wind. Nothing is perfect, absent garaging it which just isn't an option at the moment. I cant even put up like one of those tent/carport covers to park it under because of the HOA rules and regs.

Last edited by david05111; 03-01-2020 at 08:13 PM.
david05111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote