View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 09:40 AM

17KT4R will become famous soon enough

17KT4R will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2theablam View Post
Just changed the oil on my 4runner. There seemed to be an extra washer that was stuck to the pan. I'm not sure if this was the original washer or if it was part of the pan. I tried picking it off with my hand and it wouldn't budge and didn't want to use a tool on it in case it's supposed to be there. I added a new washer on top of it, and then the bolt. Did I **** up?

I started the car for 5 seconds, no leaks.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah my OEM factory washer is still on there then too I guess LoL. I figured the blue rubber was part of the pan seal although I too had never seen that before. Tried prying it off but ever since I've been using another OEM washer of course against it, no problems and I've done probably 4-5 oil changes like that.

Thanks for asking this. I guess I'll try tapping at it as described here - see if it comes off, may have welded itself on there by now who knows....