Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: V8 4WD 8.2 Swap
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 09:52 AM

doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about

doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHennDoggg View Post
Hey everybody,

I recently was lucky enough to come across an 8.2 axle housing and diff with an Elocker for $212. I got it at an LKQ from a 2010+ FJ Cruiser. I picked it up with the help of my friends and I'm going to swap it into my 4runner.

Is there anything that I need to know before beginning this swap? I don't think there is many modifications needed to fit it. I'm getting a new lug stud, brakes (rotors, calipers and lines), breather and wiring harness so far!

Is your existing 8in axle housing in good shape? I may be willing to buy it off of you. I messed up my rear diff drain bolt, and I don't really like the fix I did for it. A new housing would be a wonderful solution at the right price. I know you'll need plenty of time to actually do the swap before it'd be off the car.
doofenshmirtz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote