Thread: V8 4WD 8.2 Swap
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 05:16 PM

Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute

Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Titanium_4RNR View Post
The one he got is also from a 2wd FJ. How odd is that...a 2012 FJ 2wd with a diff lock...I know the driveshaft from the 4th gens was different between 2wd and 4wd. Do you know if the pinion flange is different on the 4wd vs 2wd 2010+ FJs?
I installed a 2wd differential/ 3rd member onto my 4wd driveshaft (by accident ordered the wrong part).

The differential will have a thick harmonic balancer where the driveshaft flange bolts to vs the thin flange the 4wd differentials have. The 4WD setup uses nuts on the backside whereas the 2WD setup the harmonic balancer itself is threaded so you can thread the bolts straight into the balancer.

The mounting flange length is the same overall you won't have to worry about driveshaft lengths or anything. The reason why the driveshaft is different between 2wd vs 4wd is that it is longer (no t-case). The mounting flange is the same from what I can tell.

Here is what mine looked like with the 2wd flange. I'm assuming the FJ's are the same as ours.

[
Inv4drZm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote