View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 12:07 AM

Red October will become famous soon enough

Red October will become famous soon enough
Right as I bought it, my job got a little crazy, I started traveling for work and it just sat, right under that carport for about 8 months. But then I quit! Haha, that job sucked anyway, plus it kept me from doing anything really, and I got a cool new job to replace it with. Best part was I could get back to things I prefer, like beat down old Toyota's!

First things first I pulled out the engine.

The truck had 198,000 miles. For me there was not much point in just re-gasketing and crossing my fingers. Full rebuild on this one. I know most people just go the JDM route with this, but I tend to be a horse of a different color on a lot of things. I also happen to enjoy building engines and things as a semi-pro hobby type deal on the side for people I know and for my own projects. I had never been inside of a 5VZ-FE before, so why not?

New Nippon Pistons 0.5mm over bore.

Perfect shiny and new. Direct from the machine shop.

Shiny silver paint, because black engine bays are boring!

Perfect clean and flat cylinder heads, with new valve guides, valve seats, springs, etc. Basically new stock parts, except castings.

Short block.

Valve covers ended up red. I buggered the silver paint, and ended up making a snap decision

Looks pretty good I think.

Last edited by Red October; 03-04-2020 at 12:41 AM.
Red October is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote