Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 04:08 AM

keyser_soze is on a distinguished road

keyser_soze is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountryT4R View Post
No sir. I’m in the group and others had the same issues I had and more actually from reboot loop issues that I didn’t have thankfully. Lots of recent issues lately.
I am in the group as well. I dont pay too much attention to the issues that people have since I havent had any, but most of them seem to get solved.

It sounds like you still have your T9 so Ill take a stab at helping you with some of your issues if you want to give it another go... answers in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountryT4R View Post
1. Whine noise
Was a known issue for a while, I believe they will warranty it for you, the new units are not supposeed to have this issue (mine doesnt). You can adjust the potentiometer yourself as well
2. Reboot issues
Dont have anything on this one, I havent had this issues
3. Backup Camera doesn't always activate.
Mine always activates, but it is a second or 2 slower than OEM. I would check that the video setting is on "auto" and possibly using the other video connection on the harness
4. Loses radio stations sometimes.
Sorry, I dont listen to the radio
5. Volume control going up just one digit 2 to 3 is a large increase.
The volume control is adjustable. Go to Settings > Car Settings > Extra Settings > Amp Volume
6. Doesn't have enough extra power to charge your phone with USB when using it for car play.
I dont use car play so I dont know this one either. I do see people talk about powered USB ports a lot
7. Weak cellular, wifi and fm station signals even with a stronger/larger antenna.
Im using the antennas it came with and I have had great radio (only tested briefly), and GPS signal. The wifi is okay but its a little far from my router in my driveway (I only use this to update apps occasionally).
8. Fitment issues still around the vents. They do not fit completely flush like the factory did.
This is true
9. Two versions behind on Android.
Also true. I dont really see how this is much of an issue. it still does what it is supposed to. allegedly they are working on an Android 10 update
10. Can't auto connect to hotspot on phones, so every time requires you do manually connect it.
I use my phone as a mobile hotspot and it auto connects every day. Verizon Samsung Galaxy S9+
Just to make sure... Have you updated the T9 to the latest software?

I think I use my T9 differently than most people. I have a 128gb USB drive filled with music that I play with Poweramp 75% of the time. I will listen to podcasts over bluetooth the other 25%. And I sometimes use google maps for navigation (Downloaded maps). I have never had any issues with my T9 other than getting used to setting it up initially.

I have the OBD link and a few other app set up too but really I never use them.
2015 SR5 Premium Bilstein 5100 | Dobinsons Springs | SCS SR8 | 285 Toyo Open Country AT3 | Trail Rack | TRD Intake | Borla Side Exit Exhaust | TRS LEDs | JBA UCAs | CTH T9 | Pioneer 9605 AMP | Scanspeak tweeters, Kicker 6x9s, Dayton HO 10"

Last edited by keyser_soze; 03-07-2020 at 04:11 AM.
keyser_soze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote