Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 10:50 AM

Warwicke36 is a jewel in the rough Warwicke36 is a jewel in the rough Warwicke36 is a jewel in the rough

Warwicke36 is a jewel in the rough Warwicke36 is a jewel in the rough Warwicke36 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy88fj62 View Post
This past sunday I drove around 40 miles and did an all day hike. Got back to the car 8 hours later and it started right up. I drove 5 miles to a restaurant and when I got back in the truck 40 min later it would not start. The battery was completely dead.

I got it jumped and the 40 mile trip home the truck would stall for half a second and come back on. It did this 4 times on the way home.

I pulled the old battery and put in a brand new battery. I then wire wheeled every pos and ground going to the battery at the terminals and the ground to fender to make sure all connections are good.

I drove into work this morning and I watched my Scangauge II. the voltage put out while driving is 14.0-14.1V.

When I turned off the truck and went into the building it read 12.8V.

Is a resting 12.8V correct? Or do I need to start checking other connections and the alternator?

(483,333 miles, 2008 Sport Edition 4.7L V8)

Yes this is what it should be, the system is 12 volts. Less is discharging more is charging. You want to see between 13.5 to 14.5 with the truck running (alternator is doing it's job). Off anything right around 12 volts is good, what volts can't tell you are the available amps, but in your situation everything is presumably fine unless it's still stalling... is it?