View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 11:08 AM
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
Hey OP, did loosening the pinch bolt to take pressure off the steering shaft work? Inquiring minds would like to know. After reading your post again. I think maybe you didn't bind up the steering shaft in the fashion I mentioned. By having to force the puck in between the rag joint, you might be putting undo pressure in a different way on that steering joint. Instead of pulling tension on the shaft, you are pushing tension on that steering joint binding up the smooth operation of the steering. You might have to separate the rag joint halves again, free up the upper half of the rag joint on the shaft to get it to travel up higher on the shaft, reinstall the spacer, tighten the two halves back together and then finally tighten the upper pinch bolt. Without a doubt though, your steering issue is related to pulling or pushing tension on that steering shaft u-joint.

Last edited by mtbtim; 03-10-2020 at 11:19 AM.
mtbtim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote