Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 11:45 AM

cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about

cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordhorse View Post
If you came from cars or diesel trucks you will find 4th gens mushy especially when stopping. In my opinion OME's with the already owned 5100's are the way I'd go. However there's a caveat. The 5100 is at the ragged edge to control the 886 spring rate during wot acceleration in my 06 V8 with only a hidden 9500lb winch and NO bumper as ft end weight. However all other handling characteristics are phenomenal for daily driving and moderate off road. I will buy a more suitable shock when the 5100's wear out. No signs yet of wear at 40k miles. If you've got a bull bar and lighter V6 I'd go with 885's
Keep in mind this is a quality cost effective fix. If you've got money to burn go get coilovers.
My 2 cents.
I don’t come from diesel trucks, just comparing my truck to before and after lift.

Ok so the OME 885’s with the 5100’s would be a step up for rigidity? Don’t have money to burn right now unfortunately for Coilovers but will look into the 885”s. would I be better off with a longer travel strut too or will the 5100’s be just fine with the V6 and the WOT you’re talking about?
cwilliams563 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote