View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 02:55 AM

4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light

4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light 4Reak Show is a glorious beacon of light
4Reak Show's build/use/nonsense

There is definitely a difference with the manual hubs driving. Not a whole lot, but it feels less draggy not having the CVs turning at 70 mph. So I'm glad I did it. Plus it allows for a more trouble free TrueTrac front diff upgrade potentially down the road...

Anyway, I'm knocking out some other nuances that have annoyed me or need addressing. Such as the subwoofer: I totally love the sound when I'm jamming to Led Zep and 98% of the time having it in the cargo area has no ill effects. However, those 2% of the time when I need the space for sleeping or hauling stuff it actually blows pretty hard being back there. And it's an entire unit with the amp and capacitor mounted to the sub box, but now it's easily removeable!

I used those massive quick connectors normally used for winches. My roof rack LED light relay box ran off the positive post that feeds the capacitor. So I crimped that main feed line into the new big connector on the truck side. Therefore, even with sub removed the relay box with still work.

Next up is to clean up the wiring under the hood a bit.

Wife's: 2016 Trail Premium, bone stock until she joins T4R.org one day...

Last edited by 4Reak Show; 03-14-2020 at 03:00 AM.
4Reak Show is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote