Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 10:15 AM

cstudep is on a distinguished road

cstudep is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecked - Rebuilt View Post
I actually started with the C59-137V coils. If you are looking for ~2in lift or a HD coil for towing or hauling they are phenomenal! I've been running them for 2.5years now and have only impressed. The ride unloaded is great and loaded the ride is fantastic.

I've run the C59-137V in three different configurations :

1. Stock rear bumper w/ hitch and with Dobinsons HD shocks:
-This setup held the weight of a hitch mounted cooler, gear and luggage packed to the ceiling, and four adults. I drove this setup from Grand Rapids to Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, and back to GR. The truck maintained approx 2in of lift and I don't recall a time I hit the bumpstops. The ride was shockingly good.

2. Stock rear bumper w/ hitch, one 10mm trim packer per side and Dobinsons HD shocks:
-The trim packers netted me a total of 2.4in of lift. I ran this setup on a trip from Grand Rapids to the San Juans, Rimrocker Trail, and Moab. I had approximately 400lbs of gear and tools. On the trails the flex was good but not amazing (due to the shocks not allowing enough down travel). Stability was spot on.

3. Heavy plate rear bumper (~120lbs), one 1.5in Daystar coil spacer per side, and LC Tokico shocks:
-Total lift ended up just shy of 4in. The main reason I added the spacers was to take up space so my coils didn't drop out with the LC shocks (I am running Durobumps 5.25in bumpstops). Without the spacers the coils were loose under full flex. I ran this on a 6,700mi three week road trip, and I would keep this setup but I absolutely hate running large coil spacers. I've run them on both my 96' and 00' 4runners and in both instances (on stock coils and the 137v) stability has taken a hit.

The C59-137V will go to my daily 00' 4runner w/ front 99 tall coils. My 96' will either receive the 675v or the 210v. I'm leaning towards the 210v.
I have a stock 99 with hitch that sags pretty bad in the rear, especially when loaded with anything. I also pull a small trailer occasionally. I want to replace the rear springs with something that supports the weight a little better but still rides close to stock as we have some pretty crappy roads around here and it is my daily. I don't mind a little rake so taller over stock 99 is fine. You say the C59-137V provides 2" of lift, what is that in reference to? Since I have a 99 that already sits taller than the rest of the 3rd gens would it be 2" taller than I sit now or something less than that?

Just trying to wrap my head around this and being new to the 4runner this whole lift/coils/everything else is so confusing. I do plan to put on a plate front bumper soon, and will likely update the front end to something similar to the Sonoran steel 1.2 kit. Maybe I should just buy the 1.2 kit and be done with it.
cstudep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote