Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 02:21 AM

noxor is on a distinguished road

noxor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson Mike View Post
Did you buy the plugs from a reputable seller? I recently ran into a similar issue where I bought plugs (denso) off ebay for my sequoia and they were counterfeit. Immediately #8 started misfiring and I replaced just that plug. All was well for about 15k until I got multiple misfire code and did more researching and discovered mine were counterfeit. If your vehicle was running fine before you put the new plugs in and the wiring is routed correctly, I would look at the plugs being defective. Good luck Mike M

Thanks Mike and everyone else! I bought the plugs from rock auto and they match the pics online (made in japan etc).

I pulled them all, gapped them to .044 (they were .040), and installed to 13 ft/lb per spec. I had originally hand tightened them and then added some with a wrench before but after using a torque wrench I definitely didnt apply as much pressure earlier. I am thinking it was simply loose plugs.

I ran it for a while tonight, and will take it to work this week, but so far so good now!
noxor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote