View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 05:59 PM

xyzzy will become famous soon enough

xyzzy will become famous soon enough
I rotate every time I swap in/out the winter tire and wheel set with the summer tire and wheel set and work hard to wear each of them out every 4-5 years. I remember where a tire came from by sticking a piece of duct tape in the center cap with the labels "from DF" "from DR" "from PF" "from PR" and "from SP" then when these tires come out of storage, I do my swap and replace the center cap into the correct location.

In general, you *can* take a winter directional rotation tire like the Blizzak and run it opposite the indicated direction. Doing so will only make it wear a slight bit more rapidly, so remember that in a pinch if you have to.

Running something like a summer ultra high performance directional tire the opposite way will suffer significantly more from a performance perspective.

The easiest way to determine which tires will or won't suffer too much from running in the opposite direction is to take a look at the tread, if it's asymmetric (look at both left-right and front-back symmetry), performance will suffer more than a symmetric tread will.

YMMV, that's why I stated "in general".
xyzzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote