Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 08:19 AM

importman is a jewel in the rough importman is a jewel in the rough importman is a jewel in the rough importman is a jewel in the rough

importman is a jewel in the rough importman is a jewel in the rough importman is a jewel in the rough importman is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator03 View Post
Congrats. I have installed 2 Sony CarPlay stereos so far, and they are great units. The first I did was last year with the XAV-AX1000 in my daughter’s Camry. We paid around $299 for the AX1000, but this year around the holidays, I was able to score the upgraded AX5000 for my 4Runner for the same price (I think I actually paid $289 from Crutchfield, but that included all the harnesses and dash adapter). When I first started researching these units, I read a lot about the AX100, and it was definitely on my short list, but for various reasons I ended up getting the newer gen models. Definitely happy with the Sonys though!
Totally agree. I installed mine a couple days ago and I am extremely happy with it. I love all the features, (car play etc), but what blew me away was the difference in sound quality between this and the cheap JVC unit it replaced. I looked at the AX1000 as well but getting this on clearance for $154 was the deciding factor. Plus I preferred the rear USB. At first I wasn't sure about that but it came with a 3 ft extension cord and I installed a stationary USB port in one of the empty blind plugs on the console. Looks almost factory. This is the plug: Amazon.com: MOTONG Male to Female USB Power Port Socket Adapter for Toyota VIGO(42 22mm): Industrial & Scientific
Best $12 I spent on the whole deal.
importman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote