Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 05:06 PM

Wrecked - Rebuilt is on a distinguished road

Wrecked - Rebuilt is on a distinguished road
Let me know what you think of the 210v. I just installed the 675v on my 96'. I measured the coil free height at 18.75in or 476mm. I netted about 4in of lift with a plate bumper. They ride really well and overall i'm impressed with the ride quality and flex.

However, I may end up ditching the 675v for the 210v. The major downside to running a FJ/4th/5th gen coil is that they have a notably larger diameter. I knew this going into this project, and knew I might run into an issue. But for $133 it was worth the gamble.

For me, the issue is that the coil is so wide that it is actually hitting my frame rail on the passenger side. The contact is in the less active section of the coil so it doesn't pop or make any noises, but it does rub. I'm not sure how comfortable I would be in the long run with that kind of contact.
Wrecked - Rebuilt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote