Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 10:45 AM

BostonJon will become famous soon enough

BostonJon will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by leepoffaith View Post
I recently did the TBU with the Powerstop kit from Amazon and I have the soft pedal too!! It stops just fine, but the brake pedal engages slower and lower then it should. I have bled the brakes at least 6 times and still have that feeling. If I press down a little then lift and then repress the pedal it is perfect. I even tried going down a gravel road and engaging the ABS system to get air out TWICE and that didn't do it. I finally gave up and I'm sitting in the waiting area of a Toyota Service Department right now waiting for them to do a brake system bleed with their computer in order to actuate the ABS system and hopefully get the air out. The tech test drove it and felt exactly what I felt and said it definitely should not feel that way. He thinks it's an air bubble somewhere. We shall see!

Please let us know the outcome of your service visit. I’m having the EXACT same symptoms with the 231 TBU.
BostonJon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote