Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 07:59 PM
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
I also use the Torque Pro App with my Android Phone.

Here's what I bought for both my 3rd Gens:

*Bluetooth OBD II Reader
Amazon.com: Bafx Products - Wireless Bluetooth OBD2 / OBDII Diagnostic Car Scanner & Reader Tool for Android Devices - Read/Clear Your Check Engine Light & Much More: Automotive

*This On/Off Switch is a nice addition to the OBDII reader because the reader draws a small amount of power from your battery even when the vehicle is off. If you let the vehicle sit for long periods of time, it could drain your battery. This switch allows you to turn it off:
Amazon.com: Tonsiki OBD 2 Cord 16 pin M/F Male to Female Right Angle Diagnostic Extension Cable with Power Switch to avoid battery drain: Automotive

I don't have any complaints about the app, reader or switch. They all work really well. There is one thing I noticed and the volts reading is off by around 1 volt. When it reads 13.2 volts, it's really 14.2 volts. I confirmed this with a multimeter.

Without the switch, the OBD II reader hanging down out of the port isn't ideal. Before getting the switch, I bumped it with my foot and my leg a couple times. Once on a bumpy fire road, the reader fell out because gravity is working against you. With the switch, I was able to velcro the reader to the side of the center stereo console near my right leg on my 1998 and velcro it in the area below the ash tray on my 2000. I like this set-up but it might not look that clean to some people.

Last edited by mtbtim; 03-24-2020 at 08:08 PM.
mtbtim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote